Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Past or Present

To other people this story might seem completely unreasonable and stupid that someone feels like they should have been born in a different time. For me i don't find it so difficult to see. I often think about what it would have been like to be alive in the 1950s. There are many reasons why I think being alive in the 50s would be interesting but one of them is because of the music. There were many great artists in the 50s but one of my favorite musicians was Johnny Cash, and I think it would be amazing to have seen him in person. Another reason why i would liked to have lived in the 50s is because my dream car is a 1952 Ford pickup. Most everything about the 50s is interesting to me.

While I can sit and think about what it would be like I never wish i wasn't born because of it. And that's where I have trouble understanding Miniver Cheevy's desire to live in the past. Although Miniver is unhappy about his current situation he doesn't ever do anything about it. But what I think Robinson is trying to say is that if you always settle for something that you don't like the way things are going and you don't do anything about it than you're going to be unhappy and depressed for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment